The course focuses on the following aspects:
- contrastive analysis of the French and Italian publishing industries (in particular, market principles and literary prizes and awards);
- the role of the translator and translation in the publishing industry;
- translation grants in different countries;
- how to draw up a translation project;
- the translation contract;
- revision and editing processes.
During lessons, different text types will be analysed, in particular children’s literature books, non-fiction texts (literature and humanities) and fiction (novels). Particular attention will be paid to translational issues related to these text types and to revision methods and techniques. Students will be asked to produce translations that will be assessed collectively in class in order to identify ‘the best’ translation strategies.
- Docente: Chiara Elefante