The module will focus on the social, cultural and political aspects of issue of multiethnic society in Great Britain by means of an intensive and extensive reading programme on the subject, as well as through similar activities involving listening to the British radio. The reading and listening activities will provide the basis for the production of written and oral texts by the students which will evaluated in the final exam.
In particular, the students will examine the following topics:
- the subjective experience of migrants in Britain today;
- the history and socio-culturalbackground of multiethnic Britain;
- racism and the discrimination of diversity
- policies which promote a tolerant and diverse society;
- migration in the European context.
The module will include specific language practice (lettorato) attendance of which is compulsory. These lessons will cover some of the basic characteristics of the English language (reference level B1+/B2).
- Docente: Patrick Leech